Instructions for obtaining your parent portal account
- Bring your driver’s license or state- issued identification to the front office. An access code will be provided for each child.
- On a desktop computer or chromebook, go to www.greenwood52.org.
- Click on the student/parent Powerschool portal.
- Create an account. Enter the access codes and passwords for each child.
- Video for how to setup parent portal.https://tinyurl.com/96parentportal
Instructions for registration- returning students
- Sign in to your parent portal account for Powerschool on a desktop.
- Go to forms on the left side of the screen.
- Complete all that are applicable to your child.
- Remember that even if your child doesn’t normally eat lunch at school, if he or she qualifies for free/reduced lunch that qualifies them for fee waivers for the SAT/ACT/ and NCAA clearinghouse. Please complete the lunch form.
- When you come to registration day, you must provide 2 proofs of residency and complete the medical forms and one enrollment form while there.
Instructions for enrolling new students
- Bring the following:
- Proof of residency— power bill, water bill, lease agreement
- Parent/guardian driver’s license (the student must live with this person and this person must have custody)
- Withdrawal form and last report card/transcript from previous school
- Meet with principal
- Complete registration forms
- Meet with counselor
All transcripts requests and employment verifications must be done online by following this link: https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/21476/account
Scholarship Information Page: Students and parents often wonder about paying for college. Please check out the document linked below for links to helpful websites and lists of scholarships.
Most students also need to complete the FAFSA form to be eligible for many grants and scholarships. It opens on October 1st each year. Here is the link: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
Other helpful links:
Rhodes graduation supplies: https://www.rhodesgraduation.com/
If you want to just order a cap, gown, and tassel instead of the packages, follow these steps:
- Click on the link above.
- Go to "shop" in the upper right corner.
- Under "seniors", click "shop".
- Enter the state, city, and school.
- Click on the menu in the upper left corner of the page.
- Click on "Regalia".
- You should see the cap, gown, and tassel set on the left.
Program of Studies: This is a book of the course offerings and requirements. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i_FV-SNWHJ0YAWN1olyavAj8Ypjepand/view
SAT registration: www.collegeboard.org
ACT registration: www.act.org
NSHS offers dual enrollment courses through both Piedmont Technical College and Lander University.